Sunday, April 4, 2010

Playing in Prater II: The Ultimate Zip Line

On Tuesday we were invited to Prater again by our friends the Mamouneys. We were invited to a different part of Prater, even though we thought that we had found all of it . Boy, were we surprised. We immediately raced to get to the slide first. Of course, it wasn't just any slide or I wouldn't have gone to that first. It was about 30 feet high (with a slant of course). It was too good to be true, obviously there had to be a catch, and there it was, a big brown mud puddle at the very bottom of the slide just waiting for its next victim. Then, there was the zip line. Oh, I've been waiting for this moment too long. I ran like I never had before (except in basketball), I got on and off I went as the wind rushed by causing my heart to be soundless (either because I was holding my breath or the wind was really loud). As I got off, I gave it to the next person in line who was... scowling. He said, "-------- --------." It wasn't a particularly long conversation, unless short words in German are long conversations to them. I probably should have looked to see if someone was in line. (By the way, I want to make it clear that the words -------- and -------- are probably either offensive or bad words like swear words, so don't go around saying them.
Most of it was intense stuff like a thing-a-ma-jigger that you climb and there are these baskets that are about 4 1/2 feet wide circles 10 feet off of the ground that I relaxed in for a half an hour, but there are still boring swing sets that I don't miss at all and never will.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the mud just added to the adventure. Someone being a bad sport is just ugly in any language, and I'm not really fond of swings either. But my kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slide looks SOOOOO fun. Were you able to stop yourself before the mud puddle...or did you zip line in soggy pants? You don't stand a chance to miss any boring old American playground with the ones they have in Europe. Enjoy them while you can. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cade its me nico ! I just wrote you a note on your moms by mistake. Look there. Hope we can talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CADE!!! I had some catching up to do on reading your blog. I read all of your posts to Grandma and Grandpa. We were doubled over with laughter on this particular blog. You are one funny little story teller. So entertaining. Just a couple days now and I'll be there!! I'm so excited to see all of you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! Pay no mind to German scowlers who know few words. As for me... I like the boring swing sets.

    ReplyDelete