We went to the famous graveyard as we ate (our favorite here) Milka chocolate yesterday after Aunt Sarah's flight was canceled! We saw Beethoven's grave, Shubert's grave, Strauss's grave, Brahms's grave, and a Mozart monument. It gave me the chills when I thought about how I was so close to some of most famous composers in history. This graveyard isn't the actual graveyard where the composers were first buried, each composer was buried in a regular graveyard even Mozart. Mozart was buried in an unmarked grave with 4 or 5 other according to the custom of the middle-class people of time. The mayor thought that no one should be treated better than anyone else. When the other composers were moved to the new graveyard, Mozart's wife tried to find Mozart's body but couldn't. Now there is a monument in his honor.
I loved that day so much (except the flights being canceled), that I would love to go back to see who else is buried there.

Very cool. Some of my favorite music too. How could Beethoven NOT like chocolate?
ReplyDeleteI've got to agree with Suzanne, how could Beethoven (or anyone for that matter) not like chocolate? What an amazing experience Cade.
ReplyDelete