Ahhh, Vienna, it couldn't be cooler! True we saw some very cool things like Karlskirche and the Naschmarkt which is an open air market where people sell foods and clothing, but what I mean to say is that Vienna couldn't be colder! We got in to Vienna when a huge, flat, blanket of snow covered everything but the street. It hasn't gone downhill too much, but it has only stopped snowing as much since we got here. It is still really cold. We walked 3 miles to get to church on Sunday when it looked like it was going to be a breezy but nice day at about 1:00 in the afternoon, it was about 45-50 degrees. I made a few friends at church, one of my friends, Charles is American and lives here with his family. We met them at a restaurant for dinner last night where I tried my first Wiener Schnitzel. It looked like an enormous chicken nugget and tasted like one too, but made McDonald's look bad! I can't wait to go back! We like going to the playgrounds here, my favorite thing at a playground here is a tire spinning see-saw. I was pushing one tire with my sister on it and the other tire had my sister on it who was chasing me. I pushed the tire out in front of me so the tire behind me hit me.


You are a great writer, Cade. Loved the giant McNugget. Don't tell my kids! They'll want some.
ReplyDeleteBrrrr...sounds cold. I wish we had cool playground equipment like they do over there - looks like a blast, and I'm sure it was until you got hit by the tire. ( : Glad you've made a new friend - especially since you'll be there for a while to enjoy him.
ReplyDeleteCade-- I know how much you love getting comments so I thought I'd write one! I'm so glad we will have these memories to share for many, many years to come (until I lose my memory and don't remember them anymore!). LOVE YOU. Thanks for all your help on our adventure.
ReplyDelete